The Convener Court consists of all the current incorporated trades office bearers (i,e Deacon, Boxmaster, First Master, Late Deacon). Therefore it consists of the Patron, Deacon Convener, Master of Trades Hospital, Late Deacon Convener, and the four officials from each trade; a possible total of 32 people.
The main function of the Convener Court is as follows:
- Election of Deacon Convener
- Election of Master of Trades Hospital
- Appointment of Patron
- Appointment of Clerk and assessors
- Official and civic appearances and functions such as Kirkings.
- Formal confirmation of decisions taken by Dr Guilds Managers