After being constructed in 1846, the second Trinity Hall and home of The Seven Incorporated Trades was unveiled in 1847.
Being a Tudor-gothic style granite structure, the building earned the architect, John Smith, his nickname of “Tudor Johnnie”. With Trinity Hall attracting the attention of many, including Prince Albert, John Smith was given the job of designing the new Balmoral Castle in 1848.
The main entrance had grand glass doors, an ornate marble staircase and inside, wood panelled ceilings with golden chandeliers, which can still be seen there today.
Latterly the building was used as McMillans toy shop, Littlewoods café and now Primark as part of the Trinity Centre.